Happy Sunday my friends.
Last week I received two wonderful surprises – I was nominated for two blog awards!
Those were some pretty awesome perks to my (somewhat rough) week.
Here are the details: The Liebster is an award to help promote new bloggers. The rules are simple:
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Krista’s questions for me:
1. What is the best running costume you have worn or seen?
This is a good one! I haven’t yet run in costume, but I will be in just two short weeks. I think it’s a rule to run a Disney race in costume; I think rule #2 is that all races must be done hand-in-hand with your running partner and you must skip from Disney character to Disney character and take pictures with them. Okay, maybe that’s just my rule 🙂
2. What is your favorite thing to do right after a run?
It’s a tie between showering and food. Both are pretty non-negotiable after a run. I’ll usually pound a shake, shower and then eat some real food. Mmmm. Food.
3. What is your favorite baked good?
Cinnamon buns. The end. Followed closely by cupcakes – fully sized, not the mini ones and yes, I do eat all the icing. The more the better!
4. Does all your running gear have to match?
::sheepishly:: Yes. I totally make sure my outfit for the run matches, with the exception of shoes, of course. I even have headbands to make my tops.
5. What is your most anticipated race of 2014?
This is definitely a tie between the Glass Slipper Challenge (two weeks away!) because I get to meet up with some amazing ladies and have such a FUN weekend, and the 50k ultra I have scheduled for June because I know that race will push me and challenge me and I’ll feel amazing after I complete it.
6. Do you have a bucket list?
Non-running related: sort of. I have a list of places I’d like to see and things I’d like to do. I wrote it somewhere once, but right now it’s mainly in my head.
Running related: abso-freaking-loutely. Except….it keeps getting longer. I keep thinking of more and more races I want to run, which isn’t really a bad thing 🙂
7. What is your favorite recovery item? Socks, food, or other?
Upon walking in the door: Vega Recovery Accelerator with NCN L-Gluatmine pounded back before my shower (I’m convinced it reduced muscle soreness).
A while after my run: foam rolling and pigeon pose. You can find me on the floor stretching every evening. Again, it keeps me healthy and able to run!
8. If you had to describe today in one word, what word would you use?
9. What is your favorite place to run? (Pick a location whether it be a country, city, inside or outside, trails, or roads)
Outside. Spring/summer day. Nature near to me.
10. Do you think you’d love running in the same way if it was your full time job?
That’s a good question. I always thought if I were able to devote 6-8 hours a day to training I’d be an excellent athlete (I’m not sure I’d be able to do this with running, but as a synchronized swimmer, I think I would have benefited) but I’m not sure if I’d have the same love for it. Right now running is my therapy. It’s my escape from the world, from my job, from stresses, from personal problems. I think if running was my job,then my escape would then become my problem and possibly my stressor. Then what would I do to escape?
11. What is the biggest thing that blogging has taught you?
To be myself. I’m going to write things people hate, or things people disagree with. Like in “the real world” you can’t make everyone happy all of the time, so I work hard to stay true to myself. I’ve met amazing and inspiring people through my blog and I feel so very blessed because of it.
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
1. What is your favorite colour?
This is a toss up between purple and teal – I’m sure if you’ve seen my blog or my wardrobe, this won’t be a surprise to you 🙂
2. Favorite animal?
Animal I can actually own? Cat or horse. Dogs are cool too, but I’m lazy and they’re a lot of work. Animal that’s probably not entirely legal for me to own? Red panda or fennec fox. Although, I can pretty much guarantee, if you show me a picture of a cute animal, I’ll squeal and exclaim it’s my favourite 😛
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Those exist?! Ha! Coffee, water, tea. All have their purposes at different times of the day 🙂
4. Facebook or Twitter?
5. Favorite pattern?
Oh golly, I am not a designer at all, not even remotely, so I have no freaking clue.
6. What is my passion?
Living the best life I can.
More ways to connect with Ange: Facebook --> Cowgirl Runs Twitter --> @cowgirlruns Instagram --> cowgirlruns Bloglovin --> cowgirlruns