Happy Sunday afternoon, friends!
I’m currently snuggled on the couch with Merlin watching some football – definitely an awesome way to spend a relaxing Sunday 🙂
The weather definitely took a turn toward winter this week; normally I’d have used this as an excuse to not get my runs in, but I’m happy to say I did pretty well checking them off my list 🙂
- Monday – 12km LSD (maybe) and Greatist WOD –> skipped my run to watch Thor, but managed to do my WOD
- Tuesday – 8km + strides and Greatist WOD –> ran 8km in the dark and it was amazing!
- Wednesday – 5km steady –> no run 🙂 I met my mom and sister for dinner instead (fitting in with my healthy living philosophy!)
- Thursday 13km slow/fast/slow and Greatist WOD –> no WOD, but did my run in the dark and I freaking loved it. Again!!
- Friday – Greatist WOD –> off 🙂
- Saturday – 8km steady –> off; did a Costco run and watched the UFC Fight instead of working out.
- Sunday – 14.5km LSD –> finished a gorgeous (albeit chilly) run!
With the turn in the weather, it’ll definitely be more of a challenge to get my runs in (I basically stalk The Weather Network to try and plan my runs), and I did slack a bit on my WOD’s, so I’m hoping to do better this coming week.
Since I went to Costco for the first time in a loooong time this week, I picked up some goodies for my smoothies.
The two packages of spinach and bag of frozen fruit made enough smoothie packs for 2.5 weeks of breakfasts and I even have another bag of fruit in my freezer!
This week I had no freaking idea what to make for lunch, but thankfully I’m a bit of a food hoarder and had the ingredients for Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (thanks Janae for posting this recipe on your blog!) in my pantry, so I tossed those into my slow cooker.
Out of curiosity, I added up the cost per lunch of this (one batch makes 6 or 7 lunches) and it came out to $2.75 including the two chicken breasts. My new budget surely is loving inexpensive lunches!!
Again, more Costco goodies for snacks this week.
I picked up a bunch of trail mix (I’m not sure if I’m going to renew my membership, so I thought it best to stock up) and some Japanese oranges (not pictured) that’ll fuel me during the day when I get hungry.
I’m also trying our the LaraBars for pre-running fuel. Today I ate half before my run and half after and my stomach was fine.
I don’t have a solid dinner plan this week. I have some chicken tenders in my freezer and two bags of salad in my fridge, so I’ll likely top salads with chicken for a few dinners. I also have half a leftover Costco pizza (so good!) that’ll fuel me for a few dinners too.
The forecast looks like it’ll be pretty chilly again this week, so I’m sure I’ll have to be brave and fit in a few treadmill runs – dark and cold runs might be a bit too extreme for me!
Monday – Greatist WOD
Tuesday – 8km+ strides and Greatist WOD
Wednesday – off; I have a massage after work 🙂
Thursday – 4×1 mile repeats and Greatist WOD
Friday – Greatist WOD
Saturday– 8km steady OR rest
Sunday – 16km (4km steady/8km fast/4km steady)