Are you sick of me talking about my awesome weekend?
Don’t answer that.
I really felt like I learned a LOT this weekend. I wasn’t expecting to, but isn’t that how these things work?!
- Everything works out. My original plans may have fallen through, but I really did make the best of the situation. (Okay, I totally pouted, THEN I made the best of it). I was able to meet an awesome gal who is now an awesome friend (Hi, Lexie!), go to two yoga sessions (beach! sunset! 2000 people!) and enjoy an outdoor concert.
- I’m good with me. When my plans fell through my first (selfish) thought was But what will I dooooooo?! (yeah, I totally whined). I’m good with me. I really am. I went out to eat by myself, wandered by myself, took pictures. I’m good with me. I’m a 50/50 introvert/extrovert and this weekend really showed me the best of both.
- I can be outgoing when I need to. I’m not normally good at striking up conversations with people I don’t know, but I was able to make friends on the airplane (both flights!) and make a friend while walking to pick up my package. Amy’s husband was in charge of the YouTube videos and she flew in with 120 other people from Austin, TX for the race. So cool! Lexie and I chilled in line for about an hour with Amy while we waited to pick up our packages. I normally worry FAR too much about striking up conversations with people I don’t know, but I did it ALL THE TIME this weekend. I survived.
- Learn from your mistakes. I’d head a LOT of criticism about the 2012 SeaWheeze race: lack of organization, etc, but this year? I saw no issues. There were 10,000 people there and it was great. Were there lines? Yup. But there were 10,000 people there; lines are a given.
- I’m crazy. Today restarts my marathon training. Yup. 8 weeks until my marathon. Pardon me while I freak out a bit. 8 weeks?! Yup. Crazy.
- Mind over matter. There were times in the race where I hurt; where I wanted to walk; where I didn’t know if I could push through, but I did. Yes, I was gunning for a 1:55, but I set three goals 1) 1:55, 2) PR (which I DID!), 3) have fun (met this one too!). I was really sore after my race, so sore I thought I actually injured my hip pretty badly, but it’s feeling good today. I didn’t let it get me down. Attitude is everything, my friends.