As promised, the best potato salad recipe evah!
The Cowboy and I ate this last night and I turned to him and said, “I want to eat this until my stomach explodes”. Yum!!
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Potatoes, roughly 3 pounds
- Red onion (I used 2 shallots because I don’t like red onions)
- 1 cup sour cream (I also toss in a teeny bit of mayo for creaminess)
- fresh dill (I had to use dried because I could not find fresh at my store, at all!)
- Dijon or grainy mustard
- White vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- (I also added in some CSA radishes, because, why not?!)
Start by scrubbing your new, waxy potatoes. Ours are from our CSA so they’re a bit dirty to begin with.
Chop ’em up into bite size pieces before boiling. When I boil I like to soak my potatoes in cold water for about 15 minutes, rise and then boil for 30-40 minutes until tender.
While potatoes are cooking, mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Dill (since I couldn’t find fresh dill. Grumble)
Small bits of radish
Mix everything in a big bowl and pop dressing in the fridge to cool while waiting for the potatoes to finish cooking. Once done, rinse the potatoes with cold water and then mix in with the dressing.
Serve with fresh carrots, tomatoes and chicken apple sausage. Yum!